Saturday, March 23, 2013

My Week On The Run...

As a bit of a reprisal of a series of a couple posts from right around two years ago, I figured I'd put up a few more details from this weeks running forays than those found on my daily training blog (which, again, ironically enough, doesn't necessarily feel like the most appropriate venue for posting the nitty gritty details of my typically ambiguous, jack of all trades type training).  I'm still fairly confident that I'm the only one interested in such trivialities regarding my training, if it could even be called such, particularly due to the lack of consistency and low mileage of the last couple years, in addition to the fact that I'm not really training for any specific race or toward any discrete end at the moment. However, if nothing else, my posting up slightly more detailed accounts of my daily runs could possibly afford a point to which I can refer others, should they ever be curious as to the somewhat monotonous nature of my training, on the off-chance that anyone would ever develop such a curiosity.  As a point of note, all distances are currently approximate; one of these days I'll get around to measuring a little more precisely (perhaps even accurately) these routes...

In any case, yet again, I don't know if this will be a regular installment or a one-time post, but, for what it's worth, here's how my week of running went for March 17 - March 23...

Sun 3/17
4 miles
Abbreviated downtown loop.
An enjoyable, if all-too-rare Sunday afternoon run.  Weather was simply too nice to not run.

Mon 3/18
10 miles
Downtown loop with extension.
Took a nap after work to try and let the rain pass, which it did.  A bit of a sluggish run, but very enjoyable nonetheless.  More on this run here (or copy and paste http://letsgoforarun.blogspot.com/2013/03/rain-delay.html)

Tues 3/19
6 miles
Original downtown loop.
Had to cut the run short for a meeting at the church.  Productive meeting, but with the weather as nice as it was, I wish I could have had a more substantial run.

Wed 3/20
3 miles
Short loop.
As per normal, best run I could get in after work and before youth.  Need to work on timing, and I could probably manage a 6-miler with a little more planning...

Thurs 3/21
10 miles
Downtown loop with extension
Illustrious Father's 64th birthday, so a bit of a symbolic 6.4 at one pace, followed by a token change of pace to round out the mileage.  A surprisingly easy 10, all things considered.

Fri 3/22
8 miles
Downtown loop.
Had to talk myself into this one.  Really didn't want to get out there, but, as is often the case, the first step was the hardest, and it turned into a pretty good run.

Sat 3/23
6~ish miles
I'm not entirely sure what the distance is for the day, although I'm fairly certain that it's over 6 (probably closer to 7 or 8).  Helped put up some course directions, "confidence markers," and "motivational" signs for the McKay Hollow Madness Trail Run.  Took a little over 2 hours, but included putting down flags, writing signs, and a significant amount of technical running, with some pretty good climb and descent included.  Fun day.


Total:  47 miles

No comments: