Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Week On The Run...

Before I forget, I suppose I could point out one of the driving reasons for the recent buildup in mileage.  I'm helping out with a fundraiser for Camp Sumatanga, with the idea being that I run the entire route (see the route here), while various groups, youth and otherwise, run "relay"-style with me.  The route is intentionally indirect in an effort to run by as many Methodist Churches en route, since Sumatanga belongs to the North Alabama Conference of the UMC.  I put up a facebook page for the run a little earlier this week, which can be found at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Running-Home-to-Sumatanga/238624499611817?skip_nax_wizard=true 

Back to the regular training report...
This was my first week over 60 in quite a while, but all in all, no real complaints.  One more building week before something of a taper.

Sunday (4/21):
8
1:04:57
8pm  After Youth.  Good weather; easy recovery run.

Monday (4/22):
10
1:17:41
Various parts of both legs took turns protesting this run, so chalking it up as a mental training day.

Tuesday (4/23):
10
1:15:37
Didn't want to start, but felt good once I did...

Wednesday (4/24):
4
31:25
Just squeezing a few miles in before youth in drizzly rain.  Easy...

Thursday (4/25):
6
46:00
@ Pt Mallard.  Easy out, felt like I picked it up coming back, but only ~7:25/mile pace.

Friday (4/26):
8
1:01:01
Cloudy, windy, trying to start raining but never quite making it.
Easy, just going through the motions...

Saturday (4/27):
17.6
2:11:09
Warmup, cooldown, and Swampers 5k (18:02, 4th o/a)
Threatening rain the whole time, but only actually rained the last <1 good="" mile="" p="" so="" temps.="">No valid complaints; distance and race felt fine.

Weekly Totals:
63.6 miles
8:07:50

No comments: